1 Litre HAPI Chicken Stock
2 Large Bunches Fresh Mulukhiyeh Leaves
(or 450g frozen Mulukhiyeh)
½ Medium White Onion
2 Medium Cloves Garlic
1 Small Handful Coriander Leaves
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
½ Teaspoon of Sea Salt
1 Cooked Whole Chicken, shredded
1 500g Cooked Basmati Rice
- Wash and dry Mulukhiyyeh and Coriander leaves.
- Finely dice onion, keep aside.
- Finely chop garlic, keep aside.
- Roughly chop Mulukhiyyeh and Coriander leaves, keep aside.
- Preheat a large frying pan to medium heat, add a splash of olive oil and then sauté the garlic until golden brown. Remove all from the pan and keep aside as a garnish.
- In the same frying pan, add a small amount of olive oil and sauté the onion on low / medium heat until translucent.
- Add the chopped Mulukhiyyeh and coriander to the onion in the pan and sauté for for 1-2mins or until leaves slightly softened.
- Then add 1 litre HAPI Chicken Stock, stir and bring to a gentle simmer on medium heat.
- Add salt and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
- Serve as a soup starter with a drizzle of garlic oil and a lemon wedge.
- Optional; serve with cooked rice, shredded chicken, and garnish with fresh radish.